Virginia Democratic Party Chairman Dickie Cranwell is resigning this coming December.
I wonder what made him make this decision. There are countless reasons why, but maybe it was because...
1) Democrats have become increasingly apathetic towards the coming elections in November.
2) Republicans Morgan Griffith, Robert Hurt, Scott Rigel, and Keith Fimian will all be winning their respective Congressional races in just a few short weeks.
3) Earlier this year Del. Roxann Robinson and Del. Tony Wilt easily defeated their Democratic counterparts in their Special Elections.
4) In the 2009 elections, the Republicans swept the ticket by electing Governor Bob McDonnell, Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling, and Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli.
5) In those same elections all but one Republican incumbent seeking re-election won. The Republican majority also increased by 6 seats, and welcomed 12 new Caucus members, bringing the total to 61 members.
The Democratic Party does not have much to look forward to either, as Brian Moran is likely to fill Cranwell's seat. If one recalls, Moran came in third place in the Democratic nomination for Governor. Looks like the Democratic Party is slowly falling apart, while the GOP is steadily gaining ground throughout the state.